sâmbătă, 8 mai 2010

Letter to someone nice

The day had started out awful, continuing with...well..more awful news. I was moody, sad and frustrated. I was barely keeping myself from crying. I didn't want to be there and hated myself for feeling that way. I was hoping the class would finish quickly so i could go home and hide.
Then...you walked in. That smile and those catchy eyes... and you sat next to me, which at that point surprised me. Who would sit next to a grumpy sad-faced girl when you could have picked loads of other seats? That made me smile inside. You shook my hand... your long fingers grabbed my hand until over my wrists; firmly but not too tight. Just like a perfect handshake. You asked me if I smoked and then told me I was wise for not doing it. I wanted to tell you i could at least keep you company... but you ran away. You came back quickly though. I spent the next hour or so trying to find one word, one sentence to start out a conversation... but i couldn't focus; maybe it was your lovely perfume that tickled my senses that stopped me from doing it. Finally... your pen stopped writing. I had a spare one. You took it and i heard the nicest "Thank you very much" ever. It was only a pen, though. The next 15 minutes passed with only a childlike giggle when i read your "flattering" habits on nasty teachers. In the meantime I kept enjoying every bit of perfume that was coming from time to time when you moved your hands. I can still feel it in my nose, though it's been a few days now.
The neon light was crushing my head, the tough wood stools were crushing my bum. I couldn't stand it anymore... though your presence there made it bearable. So I doodled on your page... luckily you continued that and we made it to a nice landscape and to a nice happy ending Prince Charming and Cosanzeana story. You said we might continue it one day. I really hope we will.
I might never even see you again...at least not anytime soon. But I won't forget that slick smile, those slick figures and the slick looks, that i bet were studied carefully to make everyone smile and make you get away with pretty much every little blunder. Just like a little kid that ate too many candies and his eyes are smiling filled with trickiness when he's telling you not to tell mum.
Then it was the time I had been waiting for the whole day. I had to go home. Now I didn't want to anymore. Because you made what no one has been able to do. You cheered me up and made me think that there still might be nice people around.
It all ended with a huge smile, a hand wave and a Goodbye and see you soon.

see you soon then,
Thank you for making my day!

4 comentarii:

Have your say: